The whole crew

The whole crew
"Ferrell Force 7"

Friday, December 9, 2011

Ferrell Christmas Card

Wow has this been a year of change at our house. We now have a young adult in our home, a college student (UT for elementary ed) and working man (He takes care of 16 kindergartners from 2-6 every day) that we only see in passing for the most part. Luke still finds time to be a Jr. high sponsor on wed. nights and to be the lead teacher for large group Sunday school every Sunday. so glad he isn't to big to go on a family vacation or out to dinner for his moms birthday.....and be kungfu panda for Halloween:)

.

Abby is home schooled this year and is taking classes at Lourdes which she loves, she now has a drivers licence and I have to admit it is wonderful to not have to drive her to her hundreds of babysitting jobs, college classes and youth group events:)  I have even stooped so low to send her to the store for eggs... She and Ellie have become best friends this year and it has been so fun to watch them take dance together and hang out together....since last year they couldn't stand each other! She is great with the little girls, they love her to death!

 Ellie has grown up this year, she is no longer my little girl but a beautiful young lady. She loves dance and leading worship for the kids at church and is doing so well this year with her home schooling. She has improved so much and we are so proud of her. One of the biggest blessings of this year has been watching her and Abby become best friends and Ellie taking the little girls under her wing ansd begin helping them and encouraging them instead of just teasing them!

Lily has grown so much this year. and I mean GROW she has gained 18 pounds and 5 inches. she had a hard year but has come through it like a trouper. her strength and resiliency never ceases to amaze us. She broke her arm VERY badly in may and had to have surgery and still has lots of nerve damage that has limited the movement of her hand even more then it was. We are making trips to Cinci childrens to see if there is anything that can be done and will start PT and OT in Jan. after the nerve has had time to heal. She has such a beautiful spirit and is so thankful to have a family she tells us almost every day. We are so grateful to God for his sweet gift to us.
Emma has become quite the gymnast, just last week she got her back handspring down. She is the one that has had the hardest time adjusting to having a new sister. Its not that she doesn't love having a sister its just that its a rude awakening when all of a sudden you are not the center of the world. She and Luke keep us laughing. she is always doing a hand stand, back walkover or the splits in our family room and if your not careful you will get kicked! did I mention that we are still working on self  control:) she is a spit fire and will change this world once that energy is channeled in the right direction!
as for Paul and I we are kept very busy running after this crew that God has blessed us with. I love being on stage teaching kids every week and Paul likes to be behind the computer...shocking I know:) We loved taking the kids to florida this year, it was so much fun! we celebrated 20 years in oct.
Home schooling the 4 girls takes most of my time, taking them to lessons, cooking and cleaning take up the rest:) I am on a blog bible study with Dee Brestin and some other woman to keep me growing it the Lord. Paul and I have also loved reading "a praying life" this year
the years go by faster and faster... I wish I had more time to spend with each of you. I have loved facebook this year because I have felt like a part of so many of your lives. I pray that this year will bring you and yours much growth, joy, hope, laughter and Love.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

1 comment: