The whole crew

The whole crew
"Ferrell Force 7"

Monday, April 9, 2012

missing the miracles

Am I the only one who gets so busy with life that the miracles get lost in the blur? I look at my children and some days all I  can see is shoes that need replaced and braces that need payed for and math that need done and I miss it, I miss THEM, I rush past the story that Emma is telling me so I can make the supper, I get worked up about the unread books and I miss the story that is being written right in front of my eyes.

there is a young woman in my house trying desperately to find her way in this messed up world, who loves with all her heart and gives until she has nothing left....but I see the flaws and I try to "fix" her.

there is another young woman who has compassion and passion and gets lost in the craziness of our home, being the middle child isn't easy and I forget to stop and notice her, she is growing into a woman so very fast.

A child born half way around the world calls me mom, you would think that would be enough of a miracle but she has taken the hands and arms that most people could do nothing with and has used them to care for herself and others in amazing ways.....this is normal for me, for her, but its not.

another one, born thousand of miles away but no less mine then the rest. bending and jumping and flying her way into her own world, one of balance beams and bars, a world I know nothing about and one she just found 10 weeks ago, memorizing 100s of answers for Bible Quizzing as well, trying so hard to be "good enough" to get seen....

How do I stop long enough to notice, to enjoy, to SEE the miracles that are my children? seeing past the mess, the bad handwriting, the hard and see Joy, the grace the lovely. my busy life has blinded me way to often and I long to SEE. the ENJOY to EMBRACE THE MIRACLES before they forget that that is what they are, miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment