The whole crew

The whole crew
"Ferrell Force 7"

Monday, July 25, 2011

One year....what a wonderful God we serve!!!!

first day home!
I would NEVER say this has been an easy year or that adopting an older child who does not speak your language and has  dependent disability is an easy thing to do...that would be a lie:)
BUT I would say that it is worth every tear, every Dr. apt. every dark mood, every button unbuttoned so she can go to the bathroom because she is to stubborn to wear elastic pants, every swim wing put on and off and every cast removal....one smile and its ALL worth it!

Emma is still having a hard time with being "de-throned" as Paul calls it:) But she has learned how to help and be a servant, to help Lily get dressed every morning and to pour her a drink or to help her with her swim suit. I am reminded that it is not the easy stuff that grows us, its the hard stuff...and as I try to help Emma with all the emotions a 7 year old has with not being the center of attention anymore I am reminded that it is the times Im stomping my feet at God that he grows me the most.....when I stop stomping that is:) Im really praying that she stops stomping soon:)

the growth that we have seen in our sweet little Lily has been nothing short of miraculous....truly miraculous! ONLY GOD COULD HAVE DONE THIS! please understand that all Paul and I did was pray and listen HE ORCHESTRATED IT ALL. Lily has learned enough English to make people who hear her gasp when they find out she has only been here a year, She has learned how to love and be loved, she has done 3 grades of math, she has learned to swim, with a broken arm not less!!, she has gone from a pouty, moody, sullen child........ to a bossy:), cheerful, wise beyond her years young lady and I stand amazed!

a year of growth in pictures....








I do not understand why God has entrusted me with such a gift, it is beyond me...but OH am I sooooooo very grateful and humbled and promise to do the very best I can to help her to become the woman of God that he created her to be, HE has something amazing for this little girl.....Im just along for the ride!
and now...thank you JESUS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment