this has been a roller coaster week. The kind that has those times on it that are not fun at all and really hurt at times but then you hit a hill that is really fun. We found out on Wed. that Lily had her foster moms phone number memorized and really wanted to call her. we have a woman from church that has been very very kind and let Lily use her cell phone to call China (she is a chinese native and calls family there with a calling card) Dana, the woman's name, helped to translate a little and we found out that she lived with them full time for 5 years and part time for the last 3. The foster mom was told that if she was put back into the orphanage that she would be sent to school, she never was but was never placed back into full time foster care either. There are many missing pieces that we will be filling in for years Im sure but just knowing that she really loves and misses someone breaks my heart.
I am trying to find a good ESL curriculum for school in the fall. Amy, Dana's nine year old daughter, will be coming to our house and helping her with English a couple times a week until school starts. Dana let Amy come with us to the Dr. on Thur. and she was a great help. don't know how we could have done it without her, God has provided, and will continue to, Im sure. My sister is going to have a field day with my grammar:)
I want to thank everyone for all your prayers. I have felt lifted up in so many ways and Lily is truly doing miraculously well considering all the changes she has been through. Paul and I could not be doing this without all your prayers....THANK YOU.. THANK YOU.. THANK YOU
Cyndi,
ReplyDeleteI have been away from internet for a week while on vacation. I have continued to pray for you all. Glad you made it home safely. Continuing to pray for all the adjustments I know you all now face. So glad God has placed Dana and her family in your life. We have had a Chinese couple in our lives since before we were married. God is so good and is plan is perfect!