


last june I asked Paul to pray for my that i would no longer have the desire to adopt another child because he did not feel that was in the plans for our family and i was being annoying bringing it up every 3 months or so.
He went and prayed, 3 hours later he came to me and said that God changed HIS heart instead of mine!!
I showed Paul a picture of lily a year ago, last July, to show him what a limb deformity was. I never intended to consider her as she was much older then i had pictured and her disability more severe then I thought I could handle. WE looked at her file while we were still doing our homestudy and placed it back on the waiting child list until all our paperwork was finished so that if another family wanted her they would have a chance to look at her.
I was very scared of on older child. AWAA gave me a list of other people who have adopted older children and Kelly came into my life. She was able to share her story about adopting an almost 10 year old, she sent me a video and calmed my fears. without her Im not sure I could have come to a peace about an older child.
4 months later Lily was still on the list and no one had looked at her file. Paul came to me and said that he really felt that she was the one, and if not us then who. sooo in November Lily became a Ferrell in our hearts
My grandfather died in Dec. this was really hard on our entire family. We had been dealing with a prolonged illness since July. We had a very important fingerprint apt. that takes 2 months the schedule, with out this the adoption can not move forward. It ended up that his funeral and the apt. were at the EXACT same time, 3 hours apart. of course we couldn't miss his funeral so we missed our apt. we were told we could try the next wed. as a walk in but they wouldn't promise anything. We walked in that wed. and walked out 30min. later with our fingerprints done!
I went to work a home school convention in April. my friend was talking to a woman and mentioned my adoption. This woman had just come home 2 weeks ago with a 9 year old from China! we got to talking, as I told her of Lily's condition her eyes opened wide, she had a friend who has adopted a child with AMC as well. we have been in contact ever since via Face Book and they both have been a HUGE source of information and reassurance.
A young woman was on Face Book a month or so ago and some how my security settings had been changed and she was able to see pictures of Lily. she messaged me and said she also had AMC. she lives 10 min. from my mom and dad. she had been able to connect me with Dr. in Toledo because that is where much of her treatment was. She has also connected me with a family who has adopted a 4 year old with AMC in toledo. My security settings had never change before and have never changed since.
I went to a play group last week for family's with chinese children. no one from the group was there (no big deal I had 6 kids so I was a group of my own:)) as I watched the kids play I saw a little boy sitting on a blanket. as i watched him I was pretty sure he also had AMC. I asked his mom and sure enough he does. yet another amazing connection with someone who knows the disorder and how to parent someone who has it.
Our travel has been WAY more expensive then we had expected. I was really panicking because we did not have enough room on credit cards to pay for it. The day that we were told how much it was going to be two dear friends who have very little came over with a gift, I was so humbled that they gave out of what little they had, and then 2 hours later a large check came in the mail. Gods timing is always so wonderful. It was as if he winked at me and said "trust me!!!" we will still be $15,000 in debt when we get back but the little notes that he has sent to say that HE has it all under control are such beautiful gifts. and yes, our credit limit was raised!
NEVER DOUBT THAT GOD WANTS TO MEET YOU RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE!
this adoption is ALL HIM! and we want all the glory to go to HIM
Hi Cyndi,
ReplyDeleteHope you got my first message on the other blog entry site. Just joined to follow your journey. We will be praying for your family. God is amazing isn't he....what wonderful connections you have made with fellow AMC families locally! Happy to answer any questions you may have! God Bless Tracy Hoffman