Yesterday we visited the famous Yellow Crane Tower in Wuhan City. An-an had not been there (although you could see her orphanage in the distance from atop the tower). I think it will be a great memory for her. The afternoon was laid back. We went shopping to Carrifore (French walmart).
We were ecstatic to find some Chin/Engl flash cards with pictures, etc. They will be great for teaching English and helping us communicate. Also had some comedy moments - trying to ask for directions, trying to ask for a to-go container, etc. But we figured it out. An is getting more comfortable, sometimes starting to act like a normal 10yr old and jump on the bed, push the limits. Today, we go to a museum and more paperwork. Some amazing moments - An giving me a hug for the first time, etc. Also really neat and made us want to cry - at the store counter there was a collection box for An's orphanage. she recognized the words and got excited. I lifted her up and let her put some $ in the box. tomorrow we head for Guangzhou and more "federal" paperwork. we also re-unite with other adoptive parents there.
Later, love to all.,
Paul
Great Skyping with you today! Hope you all sleep well tonight! Talk again soon
ReplyDeleteYour eternal friends
Don and Michelle
Ellie...I am so proud of you for trying so hard to connect with Anan. She is lucky to have you for a big sister! I love you!
ReplyDeleteEmma...I know that Anan will soon connect with you, too. Hang in there and keep smiling! I love you!
Paul and Cyndi...praying daily for all of you for extra strength and for smooth transitions for your family! Can't wait to see you all! Love you both!
Love, Kim
Safe Travel!!
ReplyDeleteLove
Shelly
Hi Cyndi!
ReplyDeleteI have tears in my eyes reading your blog. God is so good ALL the time! I am so thrilled for all of you.
Love,
Kristy <3
I am thoroughly enjoying reading the blog entries. Is there just one photo that has been posted? I don't want to miss any! Cyndi, we had Ladies Nite Out tonight and talked about you...we all wish you well!
ReplyDeleteSending love~