The whole crew

The whole crew
"Ferrell Force 7"

Monday, February 14, 2011

media fast

We are taking a break from screens. As a family we have been going in different directions under the same roof for a long  time. We all have developed bad habits. We are short with each other. the kids are distracted and do not see or care what needs to be done. I am distracted and do not stay on  top of things and then just do it myself because its easier then fighting. There is not enough mutual respect or peace in our home. 
 sooooooo for the next 2 weeks we are doing an experiment. NO TV, FACEBOOK, GAMES ON TV, ETC. the only computer will be this blog and my Bible study blog, and school for the kids.
today we deep cleaned the little girls room and I am going to try to make sure they keep it up. I have been convicted that its not so much my desire for order that is important but the fact that they learn to respect what God has given them and the other people that share this house with them. We all need to develop habits that lead to order, respect and peace.  when a child leaves their things all over the place they are saying that other people in the house are not important. There is an underlying disrespect for the thing and for the people who have to live in the mess that they create.
so, I am going to do my best to retrain us all. this should be interesting. Paul and I are bathing it in prayer and feel this is what God is leading us to do........
I will let you know how it goes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment