You have a Jesus sized hole in your heart, we all do and it can not be filled by earthly things. We try so hard to fill it on our own. We expect that we can find someone who will fill it up......but alas, it is still empty and we have sucked everyone around us into the great darkness of our unfulfilled expectations.
What a gift we give to those who love us and that we love when we let them off the hook, when we no longer insist that they fill our God sized hole.
My marriage found healing when I let Paul off the hook, when I put Jesus where Jesus was supposed to go and Paul was free to be a human and still receive my unconditional love.
The swirling blackness that we suck people into when we try to fill our hole with them is so unfair, It traps them and makes it imposable for them to meet needs that they WERE created to meet.
When I expect my kids to fill my hole it leads them feeling like they are never good enough. They sense that they can never live up to what I "need" them to be, That it is pointless to even try "vanity, vanity, all is vanity" I have found that when I started letting Jesus be Jesus and my kids be my kids I was able to teach them how to put Jesus in their holes so that they are not as susceptible to trying to fill them up with junk.
this is a daily struggle for me, I have to make a conscious effort every day to put Jesus in that hole so that the vacuum of His absence does not such people into my darkness.
Soooooo the next time your feeling that hole, please, go to the ONLY ONE who can fill it! Jesus loves you so very much, and He rejoices to fill your longing soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment