The whole crew

The whole crew
"Ferrell Force 7"

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

wishing I was the finished product

I have had one of those weeks....tired, fighting something off, saying things i shouldn't, complaining because my back hurts....just one of  THOSE weeks. nothing big and bad happens but all the stones in the shoe make walking in Joy feel imposable.

Its during  these weeks that I really wish God was finished. with me!!  I wish God would have made me into a wonderfully beautiful vase, put me on the shelf to admire me, put fresh flowers in me for all to smell....but NOOOOO I have to be the ugly blob of clay on the spinning wheel, looking ugly, getting dizzy, and feeling NOTHING like the vase that I am just sure I was meant to be.

I wonder if Im not supposed to be a beautiful vase at all....perhaps He's making me into a soup pot, or a mug for hot chocolate, or an ash tray.....and all this fighting and fussing is making His job really hard. Maybe if I would just let him work instead of telling him to make me into the vase I WOULD HAVE BEEN DONE BY NOW.

but these weeks are good for me. they remind me not to expect perfections from my kids or hubby, they remind me of my utter dependence on the potter, after all a blob of clay is pretty darn helpless, and they remind me that He is still working on me. and most of all they remind me that I am not in control, HE is!

I don't like weeks like this, but Im glad I have them......

1 comment: