I would have never believed that 3 days could make such a huge difference. We have played games, rooms have stayed clean, chores have been done and words have been kinder. We have looked at each other, played with each other and all been in the same room for most of our evenings. school work is getting done with greater care and when I sent the little girls to have an hour quite time, they both went and did not complain!
Im sure some of it is that I am less distracted so I am quicker to correct and things don't get started.
also I am getting everyone up 15 min. earlier so I can make sure the rooms are all clean BEFORE anyone leaves for school. Who knew my kids could make their beds, bring up their laundry and tidy their rooms so fast??
we will see what the weekend holds:)
We have experienced much of the same. We haven't gone on a complete fast, but TV has been limited to 15-20 minutes of a movie before bed (we've been watching the "Last Airbender" in 20 min increments :). Children are playing together. Fighting has decreased, and kids are spending time with me while I'm cooking dinner. And, no one has asked for the TV. It's amazing... Love you! (Thank you Shawna and Brian :)
ReplyDelete