The whole crew

The whole crew
"Ferrell Force 7"

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Lily finds a good friend.

this is the story from Lily's friends perspective. it's well writen so i thought i would be lazy and just copy it :)

Annalyn finds her best friend! Warning: this is the condensed version, but it is still long. On Tues, I was casually looking through our agency's waiting child list. Annalyn always wants to know what I am doing on the computer. I scrolled down the page to show her the kids that have familes...and she saw her picture and seemed happy. She started frantically looking for someone...

We figured out that she was looking for the only little girl in her photo album that the orphanage gave us. Apparently, she lived next door and they were so close that they both call each other "sister" (very common in China). With the he...lp of my Chinese friend, we figured out her Chinese name in letters and that she was 10 years old and had been adopted by an American family not long before Annalyn. I sent out an email to the yahoo group praying that her family was on there. The next day we got an email from her American family. They live in Toledo, Ohio! Only 692 miles away! Her American name is Lily! Besides the miracle of finding her, you need to pull out your tissues for this next part. Earlier in the day on Tues, before any of this happened, Annalyn was reading her Chinese/English book that we bought her in China. She came to a page that had a lot of flowers on it. She kept going on and on about the lilies. "Mommy, lily is sooooo pretty. Mommy, I like lily 900! Mommy, I want lily." On and on and on about the lily. She had no way of knowing her best friend's American name. Ok, I will invest in a box of tissues for everyone. Blessings.
Amy

God is amazing:) only He could be writing this story:) I have talked to Amy at length, we are kindred spirits and are excited about this new friendship.










3 comments:

  1. Cyndi, so thankful that God has united us and our families through these 2 amazing little girls! In so many ways, I feel like I've known you forever...just like the way I feel about Annalyn! God is soooo good! Love this amazing story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you too Amy:) can't wait to reunite our sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cool!!! Cyndi, I see that Amy says her Annalyn is from Wuhan, so Lily is too...I guess i did not know that or had forgotten.... I have two from Wuhan (Hubei)!

    Roy

    ReplyDelete