The whole crew

The whole crew
"Ferrell Force 7"

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

what do you say to a child when she tells you her "tummy mommy" "threw her away"

today when we were reading about Abraham and how God asked him to leave his homeland we got to talking about how Lily had a similar experience. After a while she said "I not leave tummy mommy, only china mommy, tummy mommy threw me in the trash"
OK then, what do you say to that? I told her that "tummy mommy" tried to care for her but she was sick and she couldn't so she left her at the orphange so she could be taken care of.....honestly, I have no idea what really happened but that seemed a little less harsh!
I saw the faces of those sitting  around us (we were waiting for an X-ray on Ellie, story for another time) and I realised that this was not a conversation that most overhear everyday. I got these looks that were somewhere between horror and pitty...
Oh how I need wisdom, how I need grace, how i need to hold back the tears until I can shed them without the waiting room audience.
God, you can heal Lily's heart, use me in the process, but I leave the healing to your all mighty hands.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, tears... praying for strength for you both. Now, what happened to Ellie? ;)

    Love you!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cyndi- bless her heart! and- bless your heart! Josh has been so oblivious to all of this, so we have not had to deal with alot that other parents do, though I am sure at some point we will. It will surface!
    Sounds like you handled it in a good way. no, we can't know for sure what their situation was, but, the fact that her birth parent didn't abort her should say alot from a culture that is pressured heavily to do so. It would be the most "loving" thing to put your child in a place where they can be adopted and have a forever family to love them. This all sounds good, for a very harsh reality that we live in a very broken world with lots of pain and only our loving God can heal those wounds. Prayers for you my friend! I am thankful that Lily has loving parents who will travel these hard roads with her. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad God brought her into a safe place and gave her a mom!
    Let the redeemed of the Lord say so :)

    ReplyDelete