The whole crew

The whole crew
"Ferrell Force 7"

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

snow day......quiet time.....new normal

I we have found a new normal, settled in, became a new family, and now its time to stop living in survival mode and move into a more productive, "educational" home school. I think we are all ready to be the Ferrell family and not "lily's new family. whenever you add a new child to a family the dynamics change, you have to figure out where everyone fits and adjust accordingly. easier said then done! But with Gods help I believe we have arrived at that place:) and it feels right.


I have been sitting in a starbucks with my laptop and 5 in a row requesting books from the library for the past hour and a half while there are 8 children at my home. well children is not totally accurate, one is 18 and many are over 13, but it is a little scary none the less:)
this is an exercise in letting go of control for me. and it has been WONDERFUL!

I can not believe what a couple hours away from the "waiting work" does to my state of mind. Not having to look at it helps me stay focused and get 4 times as much done then when im in the middle of it.
and now I am finding myself WANTING  to go back:)

I also took some time to go out with new friends last night who have all adopted from Asia and had a blast. then sat and laughed and cried with a friend in the hospital until after midnight.
I think when you spend your life pouring into your children and family you forget to get away from all the demands  to reflect, plan, and breath.

here that????? its me exhaling:)

No comments:

Post a Comment